Translate

Monday 6 May 2013

From Blogging Blues to...


In my previous post, I mentioned the fact that I'd fallen prey to malware called text - enhance in my blog.

Found a brilliant website, 'botcrawl', where I learnt that there are differents ways to eliminate it and instructions varied depending on which browser you use. Instructions for Internet Explorer are as follows:


 Step 1: Click the Tools button and then click Manage add-ons.

Manage Add ons Internet Explorer

 Step 2: Under Show, click All add-ons or Toolbars and Extensions. (Depends which IE you use)

 Step 3: Select the Text Enhance plugin from the list of software, and click disable. Click here to view a list of possible extension names.
  Checked the blog - it's gone! Never to return. How can I be sure of that, you ask? Well, elementary, my dear Watson.  I learnt how to block the text-enhance cookie.

How to block the Text Enhance cookie
    1. From the Tools menu of Internet Explorer, select Internet Options
    2. Select the Privacy tab, and then click Sites. The Per site privacy actions window will be displayed
    3. In the Per site privacy actions window, enter Text-Enhance.com in the Address of Web site field
    4. Click Block
    So not quite Blogging bliss, yet, but I'm getting there......!


No comments:

Post a Comment