Translate

Monday 1 April 2013

Rss feeding at the communal library trough





When something newsworthy or plain idiosynchratic grabs my attention online -  I google, then choose which story/article I'll read. And no, I'm not fooled by Google's top searches' lists. Companies/persons can pay Google to advertise and voila,  their website tops the list of your searches. Rather, I find myself returning to those websites which are well written, current and succinct.

I now learn that I don't need to do all of the above. I can have daily updates of news,literary or otherwise, via RSS (Really Simple Syndication) or a Webfeed. Apparently all I need to do is download a RSS reader from the internet, then subscribe to my favourite sites and the latter will be neatly packaged and delivered to my virtual doorstep.

And whadda -ya- know? It was.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/westerncapeliasa/

No comments:

Post a Comment